Turkish Policy Quarterly (TPQ) is currently looking for a talented young intern to join the TPQ team.
TPQ is an Istanbul-based journal fostering original thinking and constructive policy debates on Turkey and its neighborhood since 2002. As one of the few independent outlets in Turkey, TPQ is non-partisan and has a track record of including diverse perspectives and encouraging critical opinions on every topic it covers. TPQ engages decision makers, opinion leaders, practitioners, the business community and international investors, members of the media, and academia. For more information: www.turkishpolicy.com
Depending on the current tasks at hand in the office, the responsibilities and duties of the Intern will mainly include providing support in:
- Daily office tasks and projects
- Researching contributors for the journal and the Blog section
- TPQ’s social media accounts (posting daily on Twitter and Facebook)
- Assisting in drafting article request letters
- Formating the submitted content to fit TPQ’s editorial guidelines
- Fact checking materials against references and provide appropriate notations and queries for the contributor
- Drafting all newsletters
- Editing all internal and external communications as needed
- Bilingual proficiency in both Turkish and English;clear articulation and thorough knowledge of both languages’ grammar and usage
- General interest in politics and foreign affairs
- Strong writing, content editing, and verbal skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of all digital and social media
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines
- Recent graduates or students enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program (preferably in Political Science, International Relations, or Journalism) are encouraged to apply
*The ideal applicant should be available for three days a week. Please note that the selected candidates will be called in for an interview. The interview will be conducted in English.
*The position will initially be contracted for 3 months, with a possible extension.
Send complete CV and one page cover letter (in English) to (email@example.com). Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 20 January 2020.